Friday, July 16, 2004

First blog

This is my first blog entry on my new blog (I know, redundant). I'm creating this blog for the purposes of sharing and collecting my thoughts about my hobby quilting. I'll be dicussing various issues of designs, and sharing how to tips on using Electric Quilt (and the occasional rant!).

Pictures of quilts I've made, and various designs I'm working on in EQ5 can be found here.

Anyway, here's a picture of my most recent finished quilt, which will be a gift for my sister Shirley: My Sister's Back Yard. Shirley lives in Alaska in a log cabin overlooking the Matanuska Glacier, about 100 miles from Anchorage. This is essentially the view from their living room window, albiet from a different view point. Their cabin would be to the left and elevated a bit so that they're looking down on the glacier. This was created from a postcard Shirley sent me. I'm going to be delivering this in person in another week, so perhaps I'll get the opportunity to take some pictures of my own that will turn into a quilt too.

This was my first attempt at a landscape quilt. I did this as part of a QuiltUniversity.com class taught by Susan Brittenham. These were a lot of fun, and much easier than you might imagine. I made great use of computer technology to assist in this attempt. I'll try to write up some of the things I did so others can learn from my experiences.

Well, that's enough for now, since I'm not even sure I have the blog setup configured correctly. Let's see if this actually posts!

1 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Blogger Rick McGuire said...

By the way, images of all of my quilts can be found here.

http://www.rickmcguire.net/Quilts

 

Post a Comment

<< Home